In 1956, Basil Smith, also known as “Smitty” started a small machine shop in his garage, which grew into Smittybilt. Basil was one of the original four wheel drive enthusiasts and as such his chief concern was to develop four wheel drive equipment for trucks and small SUVs.
We found the Smittybilt 9500 to be powerful and really fast. It’s less geared down, so it winds in faster than many other winches but maintains its 9500 pound rating. We tested the winch mounted to a 4500 pickup truck. We put on the handbrake in a concrete car park, and tried the winch connected up to a thick steel pole. The winch performed perfectly and the back tyres skidded across the concrete.
The build quality is decent but the winch does have a few plastic parts, as expected from a mid-range winch.
[amazon_link asins=’B00JXS3BXI,B001CF3N9M,B00K150VAI,B003CG9QFY,B001CF4UXU,B001CF1A7O,B004K25GMG,B00MQY9GNU,B004K23KQ0′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’expedvehicles-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fd282cb7-3a85-11e8-ae99-fd49ebc9df13′]
- 6.6 HP Amphibious motor and 3 Stage Planetary Gear System
- Completely Waterproof, state-of-the-art 500AMP Solenoid
- Waterproof IP67 rating ; It has a Corded Remote
- Kit comes complete with all wiring required for installation. Smittybilt recommends using supplied wiring.
- Smittybilt, Inc. offers a limited lifetime warranty for replacement to the original purchaser on stainless steel products. Dual-stage, powdercoated products carry a 5-year or 100,000 mile warranty, whichever comes first. After 3 years, the warranty is prorated up to 50 percent towards the replacement cost of the purchaser’s original price